Cindy Pocock is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. From time to time this policy may be updated. You should check this page from time to time to view updates and the latest information by updating this page. This policy is effective from June 2018. In this policy, ‘we’ and ‘our’ refers to Cindy Pocock.
What is personal and sensitive information?
Personal information is any information about you. It may range from the very sensitive information (e.g. religious beliefs and medical conditions) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number).
What information is collected?
- Information provided when you communicate with Cindy Pocock for any reason via the website, email, phone, in person or other.
- Information collected via legal documents including the Notice of Intended Marriage and statutory declarations.
- Information to establish your identity, birth and marital status and may include copies of passports, birth certificates, divorce certificates, change of name certificates, court orders and other personal documentation.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website, such as when you make an inquiry or register for information.
- Details of your visits to this website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Cindy Pocock in connection to your marriage or other ceremony requirements.
How will this personal and sensitive information be used?
The information that is collected and stored relating to you is primarily in order to provide celebrant services to you. In addition, the information may be used for the following purposes:
- To fulfill legal requirements related to marriage
- To provide you with information that you have requested, relating to products or services.
- To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to the website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect your service.
If you are an existing client, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous interest to you. Further, we may use your data so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you.
We may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented at the time your information was collected. Your information will not be provided to third parties unless we have your prior consent and only by those means you provide consent for.
Who will this personal and sensitive information be disclosed to?
Personal and Sensitive information provided on legal documents relating to marriage (Notice of Intended Marriage, Form 14, Form 15 & Form 16 plus other relevant Statutory Declarations, Court Orders and other documents relating to the marriage) will also be sent to the Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages in the state in which you were married. Some of these documents (in particular The Notice Of Intended Marriage) is also passed on to the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Personal and sensitive information may also be provided to you or your intended spouse; our insurers; a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information; our contractors and suppliers e.g. IT technicians, or any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
Can you gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong?
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should put a written request via the contact details shown below. In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
Access To Information
Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.